Sunday, December 18, 2011

2012 Read Your Name Challenge


Hi, I am Victoria and this is the first challenge & only challenge I have ever hosted/probably will host. (It's a lot of work!) I have hosted this challenge in the past (2010), but in 2011, I chose not to host it. But here it is again for 2012!

Anyhoo, the challenge is to read your name in book title first letters, ultimately spelling out your name. That means:

Using your first name, or blogger name, or your pets name, or even your favorite literary character's name; whichever you like, choose books with first title letters that spell out your name. Such as my name: Victoria. the first book's title would start with the letter V, then the next book title begins with I, etc. Make sense? (I hope so!)

Rules/Guidelines:
  1. Whenever you have finished a book for this challenge: If you have a blog, come back here and leave your review link in the Mr. Linky that will be up; for the book you've read & reviewed. If you do not have a blog, please just leave your progress in a comment. :)
  2. The challenge runs from Jan. 1st 2012, to Dec. 31st 2012. You may join at any time between Jan 1st and Nov 30th.
  3. Last but not least, be sure to sign up using Mister Linky Below! & If you want to, leave a comment with what name you're going to use and where it came from. :) Oh, and don't forget to link back (with the above button, top of this post) to the challenge from your blog to show you're participating! (If Mr. Linky does not appear to be working, then please just leave a comment with your info!)
Other (minor) Details:
  • NAMES ONLY PLEASE! You DO NOT have to use your whole name; just your first name if you want, & initials are okay. No words like: water, book, blue, etc. please, just regular old official NAMES.
  • Books read before 1/1/12 do not count. Audio books and eBooks are okay. & Crossovers with other challenges are also okay.
  • You could read the books in any order you wish, I certainly can't show up at your door threatening to banish you from the challenge if you don't! But then what is the point of READING YOUR NAME out in book title first-letters if you're not going to do it in order? You're basically just re-arranging a bunch of letters to spell out your name, and that's not really the point of this challenge, lol. :)
Sign- Up below & thanks for joining!


23 comments:

Gonnhe said...

Hi! :)
I love the idea! I will try it!
I will post in my blog the reviews, but it will be in spanish. I think I can't do it in english (this comment just caused me a few problems, haha).
I will post the reviews here ->
http://exclusive-pulsoacelerado.blogspot.com/2011/12/desafio-2012-lee-tu-nombre.html
I translated your post into spanish, I hope you do not mind :$. But I did it because of my readers, in case they won't understand english.
I will use my current nickname. Exclusive. I don't remember when I started to use it, so many years ago... I can't remember why I chose Exclusive, haha. :D
Hmm... I have a question, do I have to leave EVERY review in Mr. Linky? And how do I do? Putting my name and the title of the book? :) Just answer me here, I will come back to read it :)
Thanks for the challenge!

Victoria said...

Hi Exclusive, thanks for joining the challenge! No, you do not have to leave a link to every review, it is completely up to you how often you want to come back here to post them. I will put up another Mr. Linky in a new post for reviews only. You can post them with your name or the book title or both if you want. :)

SueFitz said...

Thanks will be joining

http://booksbooksthemagicalfruit.blogspot.com/2011/12/read-your-name-challenge-2012.html

SueFitz

AlleluiaLu said...

Thanks for hosting this challenge again. I'm using my real first name -- SHAREN -- instead of my blog name -- ALLELUIALU == for obvious reasons -- too many L's and U's!

Have a great day!

barmybex said...

Hi, love the sound of this challenge. :D I've signed up.

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

This sounds like a fun challenge! I would do my full blog name of Midnight Book Girl, but that is just not possible, so I'm going with Kate, which is my first name. Thanks for hosting!

Karthik Thrikkadeeri said...

I really love the challenge. But I didn't understand. if i post a review, what should i do again? link it .. what???? i don't understand. Please tell me. Oh ad i'll be going with my real name Karthik.
my blog :
http://maestroofguilesville.blogspot.com
I don't understand. Please explain to me in detail. :)

Sue said...

I did this challenge in the past, but took a year off, so I'm back to doing challenges. Thanks for hosting!

Kim said...

I am signing up! Have done this one in the past and am looking forward to some fun in 2012! I am using my real first name, Kim.
*smiles*

The Guile Hooligan said...

Sorry but I can't see the Mr.Linky for reviews. :(

Angie said...

I am in for my nickname ANGIE. Where do we link up for reviews tho? I'm not quite ready yet, but just wondering if I missed it somewhere. lol. :)

Jazz R.J. said...

This sounds fun. I'm in for at least my nickname Jazz. If I get on a roll maybe I'll try for Jazzmin. I'm curious about what I'll read for Z. Ha ha!

The Guile Hooligan said...

Changed to Wordpress. http://maestroofguilesville.wordpress.com

Karthik Thrikkadeeri said...

Hey, is it okay if I change the name I'm going to use? I can't find any books, any, that start with K. So, can I go with 'cooldudekt' ? Please say yes!

Victoria said...

Karthik: Yes it is okay if you change names. :)

Megan said...

I was going to say:

"How fun! I was going to only do my first name, but I already had 3/5 letters. So now I'm doing first AND last. Thanks for hosting!"

Then I realized I'm supposed to read them in order. I think I'm going to just do my first name this year! lol But still, great challenge!

Abbi Hart said...

Cool challenge idea! I'm starting with using my first name ABIGAIL but I might get adventurous and add my last.

Kimone said...

great challange......first for me..i hope ill do well...imma use my first name, Kimone..if i finish that in time i might do my last..wish me luck!

Anonymous said...

This challenge sounds really fun!
I will be participating.I will be using the name LEAH. Well because its my name!;)
I post all my reviews on goodreads so heres the link!
http://www.goodreads.com/goodreadscomleahd

The Book Snoop said...

I'm in and used JAScribbles

Here's the post showing what I've read so far. http://www.thebooksnoop.com/2012/02/read-your-name-challenge-2012.html

Thanks for the fun challenge.

~ Jenna

Unknown said...

I joined the challenge. I will be using the name Austenite78, which is my nickname in Twitter and in other sites. Luckily, the book I finished last week starts with an A :D
I didn't really understand that part of leaving my review in Mr Linky. I mean, if I leave the review in my blog, you can see it by clicking on my link, right?

dollycas aka Lori said...

I am late joining but very excited!

Megan said...

I finished! I actually finished on February 8 (I have a very short name), but I forgot to tell you. Thanks for hosting this fun challenge! (Yours is #10 on this list.)

http://megancstroup.blogspot.com/p/2012-book-challenges.html